Setting up an LED video wall does seem a daunting process but once you get going, you will know that it’s actually a highly engaging DIY project.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started by discussing the various steps that need to be performed for the LED screen setup.
When installing an LED wall setup, the evenness of the back wall is pivotal. That’s because this can make or mar the whole project.
Follow the below steps in the given order:
- Ensure that the brackets and bars of the frame that you are about to install are evenly set against the wall;
- Get started by installing the frame supports for the wall mounting;
- Alignment bars can come in handy during the process as they will help you in keeping the screen properly aligned;
- Ensure that you have appropriate spaces in between the frame supports. Check the evenness again;
- The next step is to install the stiffening bar in the frame support and after doing so, once again check for evenness. Checking the alignment after each step is vital because it will aid you in keeping the LED display straight throughout the process;
- Start installing the cabinets from the bottom left side and place them one after the other;
- It is worth noting that Type A cabinets need to be installed on all the underlying cabinet rows whereas Type B cabinets are reserved for the topmost row;
- Note the cabinet with the main signal cable and main power cable input. It drive the entire screen wall signal, and access to the power distribution.
- Keep installing the cabinets row by row and ensure that the screws are properly tightened;
- Align the cabinets to the frame support by making use of the hanger pin connectors;
- Before moving to the next step, check for the evenness of each cabinet so it falls exactly in its place;
- Proceed by tightening the hanger pins from the cabinet’s inner side;
- On each cabinet transition, use the cabinet alignment brackets and strongly tighten the screws. However, remember to remove these brackets after the tightening process;
- A final evenness check on all the brackets is a good idea so in case any changes are required, they can be made accordingly;
- Install the frame covers at the edges of the LED wall;
- Now fit the LED module（on the front side of the LED wall and do it row by row by moving upwards from the bottom row. This process is particularly important because here you need to pay proper attention to the orientation of the LED Module;
These LED modules usually have an arrow pointing in the direction that has to face upwards;
- Normally a clicking sound can be heard when a LED modules has been correctly placed;
- The LED modules have magnets which aid them in falling exactly in place. This is important so no irregularities appear on the screen.
That’s it, the process of LED wall setup is complete. It is to be noted here that patience is crucial during the whole installation process.
How Long Does LED Wall Setup Take?
Usually, the LED screen setup will take a couple of hours. Professionals, however, require lesser time.
Make sure to have spare time so that just in case something goes wrong, you have the margin to rectify it.