Before configuring your LED displays, certain things need to get done first. After all, the power cables have been connected and the LED wall setup has been completed, you can now head over to the LED screen configuration process.
Turn all the LED panels on. After doing so, connect the LED output port cable and the other end of this cable needs to be connected to the LED wall setup as its input.
At this point, it is important to note the port which you are using because this will be required in the upcoming configuration process.
After this, use the USB and the HDMI ports for connecting the cables. Now that all the connection work is done, we are ready to proceed to the next step which is LED screen configuration.
So now it’s time to turn on the LED display video controller.
For the configuration process, you need to have the software that came with your LED display video controller installed on your PC.
In case you are using a Nova Star setup, open the software and click the “User” menu from the top bar.
Then select the “Advanced Synchronous System User Login”. Enter the password to log in.
After this step, the local system’s information will be displayed on the screen.
- Click the Screen Configuration button and ensure that the “Current Operation” section is not blank. Then, click Next.
This will pop up a new screen on your display showing various types of information such as “Display Resolution” and “Refresh Rate” under the “Sending Card” tab.
- Set up the source as either HDMI or DVI and choose the resolution that is identical to the graphic card output resolution.
- Now click on the “Receiving Card” tab. The relevant information will be displayed on this screen.
- Click the “Load from File” button located on this screen and choose the configuration file located on the hard drive of your PC.
- After the file has been successfully loaded, a message will be shown about the completion of the process.
- Now you need to click the “Send to Receiving Card” button. A pop-up will appear informing about sending the parameters to the receiving card. It will take a short while and once the process is complete, a message will be displayed.
- Click the “Save” button
- Now click the “Screen Connection” tab from the top menu and click “Reset All” from this screen.
- You can also choose the number of LED screens, the number of receiving cards, the sending card number, and the receiving card size.
- Select the correct Ethernet Port number from here and then choose the correct pattern. This can be done with the help of the mouse. Perform this step carefully as this is crucial to the success of the whole process.
- Once this has been done, select the button labelled, “Save to Hardware”. This will pop up a new screen and it will take a while for the process to be completed.
- A message should appear after this, letting you know that the process has been successful.
Don’t forget to click the Save button after this, otherwise, all your progress on the “Screen Connections” tab will be lost.
- Alternatively, if you don’t want to perform this “Screen Connection” process manually, you have the option of directly loading the file that was provided by the manufacturer.
- This can be done by selecting the “Load from file” button and then choosing the .SCR format file.
- Once this has been done, all the screen connections will be automatically set up.
- However, it is worth noting that even in the case when you load the file directly, you will still need to send it to the hardware and then save the overall progress.
- Now you can push the “Scale 1” button from the “Control” section of your LED display video controller.
To simplify, here is the summary:
|Graphics card configuration||
|Display modes & settings|
|Sending card configuration||Resolution & refresh rate|
|Receiving card configuration||Parameters from .rcfg file|
|Screen connection||Number of screens, columns and rows of receiving cards|
Your LED wall setup will come to life after this.
So, this is the process of the LED screen configuration. It might sound too complex for the first time, but perform it step by step and you will realize that you or your employees can do it easily.