NSE DIP LED Display
NSE offers a wide range of DIP LED displays that are available in various pixel pitches such as P8, P10, P16, P20, and other pixel pitches. DIP refers to “Dual In-Line Package”. The DIP LED displays do not go below the pixel pitch P7. Therefore, they are primarily used for outdoor applications. Compared to SMD, the DIP LED displays are better when it comes to outdoor applications.
The DIP LED displays have excellent waterproof ability, super high brightness, high waterproof ability, long service life, and excellent resistance to various natural elements such as moisture, water, rain, dust, heat, and other outdoor elements. They also provide the same viewing experience as the SMD LED displays. The DIP LED displays can show vibrant and real-life-like videos, images, or text.
Another advantage of DIP technology is the virtual pitch. The virtual pitch allows the LED display to generate a new LED that is white. White renders the display and enhances the definition.
If you want to know more about NSE DIP LED displays, feel free to contact us!
Custom DIP LED Display to Skyrocket Your Business
NSE DIP LED Display Advantages
DIP LED Displays: Meaning, Benefits, and Applications
Dual in-line package (DIP) LED displays have been around for over 50 years. Throughout these years, DIP LEDs still maintain their great features like long lifetimes of up to 100,000 hours. Their longevity and high brightness levels make them ideal for outdoor use, and this article discusses their meaning, benefits, and applications. Read on!
DIP LED Meaning
A DIP LED is a display technology with dozens of pixels with pixel pitches aligned in a matrix pattern. DIP LEDs are produced in large sizes and they display three colors, red, green, and blue. However, their low density limits the resolution of this display technology. Still, manufacturers can add a white LED bulb to the existing three to enhance the resolution and display of DIP LED screens.
The Structure of DIP LED Display
A DIP LED structure consists of a LED chip, an encapsulation material, and two metal leads that form a cylindrical shape. This LED chip is mounted on the tip of one of the metal leads and connects to the lead through a wire bond, and the other metal lead represents a cathode (negatively charged electrodes) or anode (positively charged electrodes).
The light-emitting diode chip in this display technology comprises two materials that form a p-n junction. Now, when electricity passes through the LED from the right, the negatively charged electrons and positively charged holes in the semiconductor material move toward each other. The color that this reaction produces depends on the semiconductor material.
The third component of a DIP LED display which is the encapsulation material protects the LED chip and wire from physical damage and environmental factors such as moisture, dust, and heat. The metal leads provide an electrical connection to the LED chip, allowing it to mount onto a PCB easily.
Advantages of DIP LED Display
DIP LED display’s suitability with large outdoor events and strengths make it in high demand in the market. It has robust applications in various industries and provides the best viewing angles for various audiences. Besides its wide angle, other advantages of the DIP LED display include the following:
- High Brightness: One of the main advantages of DIP LED displays is their ability to produce high screen brightness, making them the best option for individuals, event managers, and businesses that intend on displaying their content outdoors and in other brightly lit environments.
- Durability and Strength: When it comes to strength and how long LED displays can withstand harsh weather conditions, DIP LED tops the chart. Manufacturers build them from robust, high-quality materials enabling them to maintain their lifetimes and display resolution under sunlight, moisture, wind, and other environmental factors.
- Wide Viewing Angle: Besides durability and brightness, another advantage that makes dual in-line package LED screens perfect for outdoor settings is their wide viewing angles. This amazing feature ensures a consistent display quality across various angles in the venue or room.
- Lower Power Consumption: DIP LEDs are more energy-efficient than liquid crystal displays (LCDs), and other display technologies with similar specifications. So, if you are on a budget or are looking for a cost-effective alternative to modern display screens opt for DIP LEDs.
- Color Uniformity: DIP LED displays provide excellent and uniform colors across all viewing angles, ensuring that the colors on the screen are consistent, vibrant, and similar to their source.
- Easy Maintenance: You can easily remove and replace each LED module in a DIP display to reduce repair costs and downtime, making it easier to maintain than SMDs.
- Longer Lifetime: DIP LED displays last longer than SMDs with proper maintenance since they have lower heat dissipation levels because of the placement of their LED modules.
Use Cases of DIP LED Display
Here are some DIP LEDs use cases in various industries and locations.
- Advertising: Advertisers can only increase visibility and engagement if their ad content is clear and easy to understand. Integrating DIP LED displays into your marketing efforts will give your audience a good experience.
- Education: DIP LED displays are also suitable for large auditorium displays to showcase relevant information during school events such as graduation and convocation ceremonies.
- Automated Teller Machines (ATMs): DIP LED screens are also perfect for ATM displays. Their high visibility, durability, and versatility are ideal for displaying transaction information, such as steps and account balance inquiries.
- Healthcare: Manufacturers use DIP LEDs to create ECG machines, blood pressure monitors, and pulse oximeters to display vital signs and other relevant medical data. It saves time and reduces the stress associated with manual information processing and record keeping.
- Automotive: Many advantages of DIP LED displays allow them to be integrated into mobile LED displays. Some features supporting this use case are less power consumption, durability, and high visibility levels. Manufacturers can use them to display speed levels, fuel gauges, engine status, and vehicle performance.
- Digital Signage: Their common applications in digital signage are exit signs, emergency signs, directional signs, and other types of signage, such as custom LED billboards, digital LED posters, and scoreboards.
Types of Screens With DIP LED
Here’s a list of screens that utilize DIP LEDs:
1. Outdoor DIP LED Display Screens
Outdoor LED screens with DIP LEDs are specifically made to suit out-of-home advertising and other outdoor purposes because they are made from carefully selected materials put together to make a strong whole. These properties make them visible even in bright sunlight allowing advertisers to showcase their content in various conditions.
2. Indoor DIP LED Display Screens
Screens with DIP LEDs have fast refresh rates and improved color reproduction ability making them suitable for indoor displays. For indoor displays, businesses and individuals need LED screens with high contrast ratios that accurately display color. With DIP LED technology, viewers can enjoy immersive viewing experiences, especially when watching movies with many dark scenes.
3. Transparent DIP LED Display Screens
Transparent LED displays create a see-through effect by allowing light to pass through them. These screens are one of the best display technology for immersive spaces and coupling them with DIP LED technology is equivalent to creating accurate and visible display images, videos, and graphics, offering the best viewing experience for your audience.
4. Flexible DIP LED Display Screens
Flexible LED screens are perfect for curved or bent viewing angles since manufacturers can easily fold, bend, or slice them into irregular shapes and sizes. With DIP LED technology, they are not only flexible but last longer, produce smooth, vibrant, and high-quality displays, and consume less power compared to flexible screens from other display technologies.
5. Creative DIP LED Display Screens
Creative LED display screens are usually incorporated when creating sculptures or other forms of original and aesthetic exhibitions. LED Manufacturers shape these screens into spheres, magic cubes, and 3D, curved, and round LED displays. Using DIP LED technology for creative LED screens will ensure that your display is visible with accurate colors that are not too harsh on the viewer’s eyes.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a DIP LED Display
Various factors will determine the display quality, life span, and cost of a DIP LED display. So if you are considering purchasing this display technology, these factors will help you make more informed decisions:
- Pixel Pitch: This is one of the most important factors to consider when buying a DIP LED. The pixel pitch of display technology is the difference in distance between one pixel from other pixels surrounding it. As one of the determinants of resolution, a screen with a small pixel pitch has a higher resolution and tends to be more expensive.
On the flip side, a higher pixel pitch means the resolution is lower, displaying a lesser Image quality than a screen with a small pixel pitch. Also, a higher pixel pitch means that the screen is less expensive and perfect for outdoor settings involving many people.
- Viewing Distance: Another factor determining the longevity and displays the quality of a DIP LED screen is the viewing distance. Before purchasing, determine the distance between your audience and the screen.
If the venue is small and only a few hundred people sit less than 8-10 meters from the screen, you should opt for a small or medium-sized screen. But a bigger DIP LED screen will be perfect if the audience is sitting over 10m away from the display content.
- Brightness: While all DIP LED screens exhibit great brightness even under sunlight and in bright rooms, not all designs have the same level of brightness. The level of screen visibility you need depends on your venue, display needs, and viewing distance.
For instance, an advertiser using a DIP LED display for an outdoor campaign will require a screen with higher brightness ratios to ensure their ad content is visible from far distances. On the other hand, a movie theater will need a DIP LED display with high brightness too, but not as bright as that of the outdoor advertiser.
- Contrast Ratio: The contrast ratio of a LED display measures the difference between the darkest and whitest parts of a display content. In other words, it determines how vivid and vibrant your image, video, or graphic will look on screen.
A higher contrast ratio means that your display content will pop and be accurately vivid and dynamic. In comparison, a lower contrast ratio entails that your image, video, or graphic will look less vibrant and even faded to some extent.
- Refresh Rate: The refresh rate determines how fast or slow your screen updates display content. A higher refresh rate means your screen switches images fast, resulting in a smoother and more fluid motion.
This level of refresh rate is important for every display need, but it is critical for content with fast-moving scenes, such as video games. On the other hand, lower refresh rates mean your screen takes longer to update images, leading to delays and downtimes, which is particularly bad for video content.
- Color Reproduction: Color accuracy is essential for various displays, including branding, product demonstration, and movie watching. If colors are spread unevenly across the screen, or the display color is different from the original image, it may lead to wrong content/brand representation and even a bad viewing experience for the audience.
Opt for a screen with a wide color gamut and better calibration when shopping for DIP LED displays. These features will enable the screen to produce accurate and vibrant colors across all viewing distances.
- Viewing Angle: This determines the level at which the DIP LED display can maintain color and brightness accuracy across various angles of the venue. Before buying and mounting a DIP display technology, consider the different angles your audience will be sitting, which will help you offer your audience an immersive viewing experience.
DIP Dot Matrix LED Display Price
The average sales price of a small pixel DIP dot matrix LED display costs about $10 to $20. A medium-sized display with a higher resolution of 16×16 pixels and some additional features costs anywhere from $40 to $100. On the other hand, larger displays with higher resolution of over 32×32 pixels and more advanced features sell for well above $500.
Voltage Requirements of DIP LEDs
DIP voltage requirements vary depending on the type and color of the LED. Most DIP LEDs require a forward voltage (Vf), but Vf varies with LED colors. You should check the datasheet or manufacturer’s specifications for the specific DIP diode you are using to determine your exact voltage requirements.
In addition to the forward voltage, consider the current requirements of the LED and any additional voltage or current adjustments that may be required depending on the display application.
Differences between DIP, SMD, and COB LEDs
Choosing between DIP, SMD, and chip-on-board (COB) LEDs can be daunting. But knowing what makes them different will help you determine which is best for your space, viewing distance, budget, and needs.
|Features||DIP LEDs||SMD LEDs||COB LEDs|
|Brightness||They have a less brightness ratio than SMDs and COB LEDs.||SMD LEDs have brighter displays than DIP LEDs.||COB LEDs have higher brightness ratios than DIP LEDs.|
|Size||They come in larger sizes than SMD and COB LEDs, making them easier to remove and replace when necessary.||SMD LEDs are much smaller than DIP LEDs, making them suitable for small handheld devices and products that require more design flexibility.||They are much smaller than DIP LEDs, but there is significant size difference between COBs and SMDs.|
|Viewing Angle||DIP LEDs come in large sizes. Therefore they have wider viewing angles than SMD and COB LEDs.||They have smaller viewing angles than DIP LEDs but wider viewing angles than COB LEDs.||COB LEDs have smaller viewing angles than DIP and SMD LEDs.|
|Lifespan||DIP LEDs have great longevity, but they do not measure up to SMD and COB LEDs||They have longer lifetimes than DIP LEDs||COBs have longer lifetimes than DIPs.|
|Energy-efficiency||DIP LEDs consume less power than SMD.||SMD LEDs consume more power than DIP LEDs, sometimes making them less energy-efficient.||COB LEDs are more energy efficient than DIP and SMD LED displays.|
|Application||DIP LEDs have many applications, especially outdoors because they are made with durability and strength in mind. Their uses range from out-of-home advertising to indoor displays, and transportation hubs.||SMD LEDs are highly versatile with use cases in various devices, including televisions, strip lights, and light bulbs.||COB LEDs have various applications, including classrooms, playgrounds, advertising video walls, stadia, movie theaters, etc.|
|Cost||They are easy to maintain and are a more cost-effective display option.||SMD LEDs are more expensive than DIP LEDs but more cost-effective than COB LEDs.||They are more expensive than DIP LEDs and SMD LEDs.|
|Customization||They do not produce as many colors as SMDs and COBs.||They come in various colors giving manufacturers more customization options.||COB LEDs have various customization options but are not easily customizable like SMDs.|
|Color Gamut||They have a smaller color gamut than modern SMD and COB LEDs.||SMD LEDs have a wider color gamut than DIP LEDs.||They have a wider color gamut than DIP LEDs.|
Using 6 Digit 7-Segment LED Displays: DIP Common Cathode vs Anode
If you are using 6-digit 7-segment LED displays, you can choose between common cathode or common anode configurations. Here’s everything we think you should know about the two configurations:
Common Cathode Configuration
- In the common cathode (negatively charged electrodes) configuration, all of the cathodes of the LED segments share a common connection.
- Each of the 7 segments in each digit has its peculiar anode connection.
- To light up a particular segment in a digit, you must apply a voltage to the corresponding anode connection and ground the common cathode connection.
The common cathode configuration is popular for simplicity, as you only need one voltage source to control the cathodes.
Common Anode Configuration
- All LED segments’ anodes also share a common connection in the common anode (positively charged electrodes) configuration.
- Each of the 7 segments in each digit has its cathode connection.
- To light up a particular segment in a digit, you must apply a ground connection to the corresponding cathode connection and a positive voltage to the common anode connection.
- This configuration is useful when a positive voltage is already available and switching the ground connections is easier.
Choosing between a common cathode and an anode depends on your needs and requirements. Remember to select the appropriate driver circuitry and wiring when choosing a configuration type.
Why Choose NSE DIP LED Display
At NSE, we are proud manufacturers of a wide range of DIP LED displays in various shapes, sizes, and customization options all accompanied by high-quality water-proofing materials. Our DIP LED displays are excellent for various applications, including shopping malls, hotels, sports arenas, retail displays, signage, and outdoor billboards.
We can make customized DIP LEDs to your taste. All our displays and cabinet materials are made with advanced and fully automatic equipment to ensure all products are durable, stable, strong, and meet high industry standards.
We’ve passed various international quality standard tests and earned certifications such as the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS), and Conformité Européene (CE).
Send us a message now. Our team is always available to provide all you need.
Creative DIP Display Ideas for Your Projects
Here are creative DIP display ideas to leverage for your projects:
- Scoreboard: You can use a medium-sized or large DIP LED display to create a scoreboard for games, sports events, or other competitions in sports arenas and establishments like bars to entertain your audience.
- Weather Display: If your project requires weather forecasting, use a small DIP dot matrix LED display to show the current and predicted weather conditions, including temperature, humidity, and precipitation.
- Informational Board: If you run a company, are hosting an event, or need a board for your church, restaurant, or hotel, a large DIP dot matrix LED display is ideal for creating a message board that displays relevant information or announcements.
- Digital Speedometer: If you are unsure what LED display is perfect for your bike or vehicle speedometer, you should check out a DIP LED display. One of its strengths is the ability to display content accurately even in harsh weather, making it a popular choice among buyers.
- GPS Display: Our world as we know it is currently filled with digitization, and a DIP LED display GPS tracker is one important safety measure everyone deserves. With this gadget, you can track your location, vehicle, or device locations.
If you like these ideas and want to explore more, review NSE LED’s comprehensive list of 50 creative Ideas for LED wall content.
Custom DIP LED Display to Improve Your Business
- Single Blue Color DIP LED Display: For over 11 years, we’ve been manufacturing and supplying the single blue color DIP display to various establishments, including restaurants, malls, transportation hubs, etc. The blue DIP display technology only showcases one bold and eye-catchy color, blue. It was made from high-end materials and has a robust, long-lasting warranty.
- Single Red Color DIP LED Display: If you want to grab as much attention as possible, add the NSE LED single red color DIP display to your shopping cart now. It has high visibility of up to 12000 mcd/m2 and an attractive look and feel that will hypnotize your viewers.
- Single Green Color DIP LED Display: One advantage that makes the NSE green color DIP LED display a must-have for every establishment is its ability to display content accurately without disturbing the eyes. This is possible because it is not as bright as the red and blue DIP LEDs.
- Bicolor LED Display: As the name implies, the bicolor NSE LED display can display two colors at the same time. Depending on your needs, you can choose one that displays red and green, red and blue, or any other color combination perfect for your space.
- DIP full-color LED Display: How would you feel if you had a LED display that allowed you o easily switch between different colors whenever you want? With NSE LED DIP full-color display, you don’t have to imagine; simply add it to your shopping cart today and enjoy the full display power with excellent quality and visibility that this DIP display gives.
Advertisers and businesses looking for large LED walls to support their marketing efforts should utilize DIP LED. Our team at NSE LED manufactures them in various shapes and sizes using only the best materials.
Contact us if any of the DIP displays on our website do not suit your need. We are happy to provide our customers with full customization options, with a chance to choose which package is perfect for your budget and display venue.